Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tastes of Saipan: J's Restaurant

There are two J's Restaurant establishments on island: There's one along Beach Road and another on Middle Road. Among the two, I personally prefer the latter which I find cozier and more appealing in every aspect I could think of compared to the other. We consider ourselves genuine patrons of that place and more often than not we always asks for the same order over and over deeming the menu of no use to us anymore.

Both me and my
fiancé's favorites are the crispy Chicken Chasers and Beef Bulalo that we always order without fail every time we find ourselves in those premises. Some friends of mine for example usually opts for the Crispy Pata and Sinigang na Hipon in which they never fail to taunt me with knowing full well I wouldn't eat it any way. I in particular like their iced tea and of course their cups after cups of coffee.


But it was more than the "comfort food" as we call it why we frequent that establishment, it has also become a "comfort place" to many nocturnal beings like us who sometimes drop by in the middle of the night to eat and hangout. What with their dim lighting and comfortable cushioned chairs placed strategically against the walls with large windows where you can view either the parking lot or the cars zooming in and out on the road or the extra dim elevated area with the television overhead so you won't miss any of the shows you like while you eat and stay hour after hour just chatting or idling away without anyone bothering you.

No comments: