Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Dog Sense: Another Ghost Story

Something peculiar happened to me one time that got me a little piqued. It was after two in the morning when a friend dropped me off at home from dinner after an event that we both attended. Before going inside, I went to walk at the back of my house to look for my dog Wangkers who usually waits for me besides where another friend’s pet dog Jakjak who is usually tied up. I was calling for Wangkers when Jakjak spotted me walking towards him. He was wagging his tail at first when all of a sudden, he straightened and barked furiously at me -- something that he has never done before. I reprimanded him to be quiet and to remind him that it was me he was barking at but as I went nearer, he got angrier and angrier all the more. What baffled me was when he suddenly stopped on his tracks and without taking his eyes off me, howled an ear-shattering cry.

Not wanting to wake up anybody, I quickly brushed him off and walked over towards my house where I saw my dog Wangkers right ahead. I called on to her expecting acknowledgment. I was perplexed when she suddenly ran away scared as hell and whimpering under a table.  I suddenly became aware of my surroundings, aware of the gazillion ghost stories that circles that place in San Vicente. Though I wasn't at all scared, something told me that I wasn't alone or at least the dogs were seeing something I'm not. I followed my dog and called to her again, she came out of her hiding place under a table in front of my house, got a good look at me and finally came to greet me albeit halfheartedly. I picked her up and cradled her in my arms, watching for any more weird reactions. There was none. I walked inside my house firmly closing the door behind me. Whatever they saw was gone.

Story originally published in my Friendster sCUTEzophrenia blog on March 15, 2008


No comments: