Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Taste of Saipan: Monte Vista

Formerly Marianas Restaurant, Monte Vista is one establishment that is a little hard to find. My friends and I saw an ad one day in the paper and decided to check it out. Unfortunately, even though the ad indicated their address on Navy Hill, still they didn't include a map and we had a little trouble locating it. We had to call a few times on our way there because there was no signs to guide us along the way.

To find the place, you had to go up on Navy Hill and then turn left up at the fork of the road towards WIC. There's a baseball field in that area and you should just go straight until you see a white mansion and then turn right after that and look for the rather inconspicuous sign of the restaurant ahead.

The trouble was all worth it when we got there though. The place was fantastic and I love the huge windows where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the ocean and of the Managaha Island. The place was bright and very comfy too and I like the blinds and the overall look and feel of the place. I'm such a sucker for Asian designs and furnishings like their sofas that I didn't want to part with anymore as soon as I saw it. :)

They have a wide selection of dishes to choose from and every order comes with an all you can eat buffet of their soup and salads. If ever you find yourself there, I recommend that you try their potato salad which is simply delectable. ;)


No comments: